Train the Trainer is a platform where young amateur radio enthusiasts and youth coordinators can exchange their ideas and experiences on how to get more young people involved in the hobby. As part of the programme, IARU youth committees submit a report every two months, featuring the activities and events they have done since the last report, their ideas for the future, the problems they face and much more. Other youngsters can then read these reports on the website and comment on them. This way youngsters can learn from each other and are motivated to spread the hobby of amateur radio among young people in their respective countries.
The name “Train the Trainer” stems from the idea that the platform will educate youngsters on the best methods to train new youngsters so they can become licensed amateur radio operators as well and to grow the number of young amateur radio “trainers”. Furthermore Train the Trainer will help in connecting youngsters who are active in youth work so they can organise events across borders and collaborate on events such as sub-regional YOTA events.
Anybody can submit a report to Train the Trainer. Apart from the report every 2 months, reports about specific events such as sub-regional YOTA events, JOTA events and others are very welcome. The report should feature a number of things:
- The activities and events you have done since the last report and how young people
responded to them
- Your plans for the next 2 months and in the longer term
- The problems you are facing in getting new youngsters into amateur radio
- If any new youngsters were licensed since the last report.
- Your amateur radio social media pages, websites, etc.
- Pictures and videos which we could post on the official ham-yota social media pages.
- Any powerpoint presentations, posters, manuals and more you use to train new
How to submit
To submit your report, simply send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, the Train the Trainer team will then post it on the website. The 2 month deadline is on the 15th of every second month. You can see when the next deadline is on the countdown below.