Train the Trainer Report – Algeria – January 2020
After the Annual YOTA gathering that took place in Bulgaria in August 2019, the ARA has tried to follow on the same spirit in order to acquire more youngsters into the activity. Thus, we have looked into a source of youngsters that would already be motivated by radio communication, electronics and a community life.
The ARA considered two fronts, the first one being the ARA headquarters in Algiers 7X2ARA, and the second is the Radio Club 7X3WPL in the northern border to the Sahara Desert 400 km south of the capital in the town of Laghouat. The choice makes sense since these are the only two radio clubs that are active at the moment.
In the north, we focused on three nests that were promising, the first one being the Boum community that is located in the town of Boumerdes 45km east of Algiers. This is a community of around a hundred of youngsters having different activities from technical to art related activities, we contacted them and some of them were keen to follow along the train of ham radio. Read more….
Train the Trainer Report – Algeria – December 2018
Our Projects for the next 2 months
- – Organization of a conference on amateur radio activity within a university and (Ecole Polytechnique)
- – Demonstration on site with radio equipment.
- – Radio demonstration for Scout group leaders (aged 22-25) followed by aPowerPoint presentation
Projects 2019 (6 to 12 months)
- Assembly of transmitters for ARDF practical training for young academics
- – Conferences within universities and high schools
- – Import of kits (UBTX) organization of several sessions practical work forthe assembly of these kits
- – Participation in the JOTA jamboree on the air as every year