Youth Contesting Program (YCP)
A youngster will probably be coming for the first time to the host country and will get the chance to experience this country and share amateur radio knowledge with local youngsters.
- ES5TV: ARI International DX contest (5-6 May 2018)
- 9A1A: CQ M International DX contest (12-13 May 2018)
- EC2DX: His Maj. King of Spain contest (23-24 June 2018)
- 4O3A: CQWW RTTY contest (29-30 September 2018) (applications closed)
- DM9EE station: CQWW SSB (27-28 October 2018) (applications OPEN)
Do you want to have an unforgettable opportunity and take part from the DM9EE DX station? Apply here.
Read stories and watch pictures of previous events to get a feeling of what to expect.
More information about the upcoming contest at DM9EE:
DM9EE “DX Hotel” in Holzminden, Germany.
CQWW SSB 2018 – held on the weekend of 27./28.10.2018.
The circumstances for participants would be the following:
All accommodation, food and drinks are covered by DM9EE. Location of the event is Hotel Hellers Krug.
Participants only need to take care about travelling to the station. Arrival is on Friday 26.10 and departure on Monday 29.10. There is a possibility to be picked up at a near train station or airport. This has to be agreed together with DM9EE as well as early departures or late arrivals.
How to prepare?
The station is equipped with two ICOM IC-7851, reading the manual upfront will make a smooth start possible.
- Young people aged under 26 years.
- 1 or 2 participants per member society
- All levels of contest experience are accepted. A participant should have at least basic knowledge about contesting and using a transceiver.
- Member societies are asked to select young people who are willing to experience a contest in a “big-gun”station, eager to learn more about amateur radio and who are aiming to get the best results out of the contest. A group of ±6 international youngsters and ±6 domestic youngsters will take part per contest.
- Participants are asked to fund their own travel costs. All other costs will be covered.