Youth Contesting Program (YCP)
A youngster will probably be coming for the first time to the host country and will get the chance to experience this country and share amateur radio knowledge with local youngsters.
- ES5TV: ARI International DX contest (5-6 May 2018)
- 9A1A: CQ M International DX contest (12-13 May 2018)
- EC2DX: His Maj. King of Spain contest (23-24 June 2018)
- 4O3A: CQWW RTTY contest (29-30 September 2018)
Do you want to take part in of the contests from these stations? Apply here.
Read stories and watch pictures of previous events to get a feeling of what to expect.
- Young people aged under 26 years.
- 1 or 2 participants per member society
- All levels of contest experience are accepted. A participant should have at least basic knowledge about contesting and using a transceiver.
- Member societies are asked to select young people who are willing to experience a contest in a “big-gun”station, eager to learn more about amateur radio and who are aiming to get the best results out of the contest. A group of ±6 international youngsters and ±6 domestic youngsters will take part per contest.
- Participants are asked to fund their own travel costs. All other costs will be covered.
When taking part in a 24 hours contest the participant will arrive on Friday and leave on Monday.
This is an example time schedule from 9A1A:
Friday: Coming to host city (in our case Zagreb ). Social event in late afternoon and
evening hours. Sleeping in one of Zagreb hostels.
Saturday – Sunday: Travel to contest location (in 9A1A case cca 40 km). Introduction of
contest location capacities and possibilities. Team will take part in the contest.
Team will sleep on Sunday/Monday night on contest location.
Monday: Travel to home.